1. Small density: it is of great significance to reduce the weight of mechanical equipment and save energy, especially for vehicles, ships, aircraft and spacecraft.
2. High specific strength and stiffness: PEEK density is small, specific strength (σb/ρ) and specific stiffness (E/ρ) are quite high.
3. Good chemical stability: PEEK has good resistance to acid, alkali, salt, water and gas. Under normal conditions, they do not react with these substances.
4. Good electrical insulation, heat insulation and sound insulation performance.
5. Good wear resistance and self-lubrication: PEEK has small coefficient of friction, good wear resistance, good self-lubrication, high specific strength, and low transmission noise, so it can work in liquid medium, semi-dry or even dry friction conditions effectively.